Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Eeep

So, tomorrow is my next prenatal appointment. I'm about 16 1/2 weeks at this point. I'm really excited to hear the baby again.

I am crazy nervous though.

Lily was born at just 33 weeks and 3 days, so prematurity is a very real concern. At my last appointment, I was told that I'd start 17P shots (progesterone) to help prevent another premature birth.

I'm a little freaked out by needles and the idea of synthetic hormones isn't pleasing either. I do know that I don't want another baby to go through what Lily went through. We were very blessed that she was very healthy and we were home after a 15 day hospital stay.

Anyhow. I'm trying to get myself mentally prepared I guess :)

It's scary being labeled "high risk" when it pertains to what you love most in the world.

1 comment: